Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Brisbane, one of the beautiful town in Australia

I know, its been long time i have not blogged so thought of write something.

When I started it was afternoon and when I reached Brisbane, it was morning. I dont know why i cant sleep in flight which force me to watch screen continuously and get tired so i can have better sleep next day when I reach my destination. Same thing happened again, I reached early in the morning and was very sleepy. You wont believe I almost paid 1600 Indian Rs. to reach to apartment where I had booking.

Unfortunately it was full and I cant get in till someone vacant the room. I had to wait for 3 hours in reception to go to bed. Finally! the receptionist (a very beautiful Australian girl) confirmed the booking. Again another fine problem, She was not able to swap more than $500 AUD on credit card so I had to use my debit card & travel card to pay all the apartment bill. It was like $500(credit card) + $500(debit card) + $300(travel card) + $73 (cash)..... coooool! Please dont ask me why i did it like that.

I had a good sleep for 6 hours till 5. Went out for couple of hours to discover city. There is famous place called Brisbane Street which is most famous shopping place. Imagine! I dint shop anything. I was running out of money on my travel card and really dont wanted to use credit card as I have stopped doing it long back.

Grab my dinner from subway (Fresh chicken and plenty of vegetables with bread). It was good. Again went for sleep. Really having a good time. I did not get free internet access at the apartment which forced me to watch soccer matches highlights all the time when I am in. 1 hour of internet access cost $8. bad!. Raleigh (USA) was much much better. They gave me TV in my bedroom, free internet access next to it and most important Complementary breakfast. I am really missing that. Next time I will choose a hotel/apartment where I can at least get complementary breakfast. Hope my manager allow trips to happens so frequently :). Red Hat is very strict about travelling and policies.

Monday and Tuesday went fine. Nothing special I did except preparing presentation and getting most of the stuff online. We went for a lunch to Japanese Restaurant, had Extreme spicy japanese chicken dish. Extreme spicy is not really for any Indian. It was just a normal dish. But yes chicken was good. Oops! I forgot to click snap. Here I usually have dinner around 8 as everyone office leaves around 5 as they start early in the morning. Shampa must be happy that I am at least having good sleep over here.

I had a presentation today which was good as per the feedback I got from the people over here. They did not know most of the stuff that we have. So I am happy that I am able help them out. Hope I will get more work once I go back to India.

Going to Gold Coast tomorrow with John and Pranesh (South African Guy). Please dont go by name ;). Heard pretty good things about it. Lets see how it goes. Have fun and wish me luck for rest of weekdays and a weekend.

No comments: