Saturday, August 16, 2008

Parikrama (A center of learning)



A wonderful day started in hurry. We suppose to be in office by 9.00 but it wasn't possible as we woke at 8.10. We had to rush. Somehow we manage to get ready by 8.50. I knew it would take another 20-30 min to reach office. I showed my smartness and called at office security desk to stop vehicle which suppose to take us to parikrama school.



This was my first visit to parikrama school in last one year and I felt I may have missed lots of chances to see smile on these poor children. But now sure I don't want to miss any chance anymore. I will visit school regularly.



The school was somewhere near to ISKON temple surrounded by slum area. Everything was scheduled before we reach there in school. Its a 2 floor building which runs almost 6 classes. You will find all kind of children's, very innocent. Our visit for them was like someone from other planet came to visit them. They all were very happy to see us.



They have arranged few programs based on freedom fighters. Children sang some patriotic Hindi, Kannada songs which remind me my school days. I used to do all these things. I realized one thing, when you are kid most of the time you don't know what you are doing. You really don't understand the purpose behind it. But as you grown up it make you feel something different. I don't how to describe it but I felt something like that. I was really missing my school days.



I always had a wonderful time with kids. I love kids very much. Few kids wanted to look at the snaps whichever i had taken so I showed them, but then they showed interest in click snaps so i gave my camera every one of them to click photo. I cant explain, they were so happy. look at this kids expression while clicking his snap :).

Here are few more snaps .....








1 comment:

Alpana Kulkarni said...

Nilesh,
Its nice to read this blog. When I was in school I used to sing petriotic songs and used to play - 'Lezim'. I was the one who used to lead in 'Lezim'.. I remembered all those days here while reading n watching snaps. The smell of those memories is still there hidden in me - and when I recall that all - I get that smell back from the deep of my heart.
It a peace to feel it.